Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Never too early for Halloween!


For us busy Mommy's Halloween starts at the beginning of the month.
From planning costume ideas, setting up decorations, planning trick or treat events, taking the kids to the local pumpkin patch, carving the pumpkins and of course buying or making yummy treats.

This year I plan on having Shaila help me decorate Halloween sugar cookies :) 
I'm not sure if this is a great idea yet, since she is very messy but I'm going to try!
This year I think I got carried away, Shaila has 3 Halloween costumes.. Here is a sneak preview of one.

Can you guess??
I'm pretty crafty,  just not at the point to make her a costume yet..maybe next year. 
I am gonna make popcorn balls for her  & her cousins...I made them for Shaila's birthday and they seemed to be a good idea so this time I am gonna add chocolates, and different colors.

 Popcorn Balls

Here's the recipe
These are pink but you can add any other food color, or ingredient like pretzels, different cereals, chocolate pieces, sprinkles or chocolate drizzle. Try it & let me know if you like them.

PUMPKINS!
I really want to carve a pumpkin for Shaila but painting it might be a better idea
Since we are in San Diego now I need to find her a cute pumpkin patch to go a take her pictures.
I hope she's not so afraid the day of because recently she's been very afraid of masks, I will keep you all updated. I know she is gonna LOVE the dressing up part and of course getting candy! 

Here's a Video of her tonight..my sister taught her a few new words.

No comments:

Post a Comment